Friday, May 30, 2014

Ritika: "Let's Roll"

Good morning!


I'm flying to Miami right now, and maybe it's because I'm incredibly sleepy, but I just can't say how I feel. I'm not nervous or worried, and I'm not super energetic either. I feel like I'm going on an adventure though, I really have few expectations because I want to make the most of this trip.

I've been home for the past three weeks and everyone I've told that I'm going to Miami has been confused. This has nothing to do with my neuroscience major or my medical aspirations, and that's just why I chose it. 

How many times in your life do you have the opportunity to devote your summer to leaping out of your comfort zone and learning about something completely new?  This is a precious summer, right smack in the middle of my college career and my one goal for it is to soak it all in. I don't want to second guess myself, I want to lose myself in whatever Miami and it's people have to offer. 

I'm open and I'm ready, let's roll.

-Ritika Patil

No comments:

Post a Comment